[TowerTalk] What is 4,000 reflector messages in terms of drive space?

Rick Bullon kc5ajx@hotmail.com
Thu, 28 May 1998 02:07:23 GMT

>>Oh yes.......there were 4K messages in the Deleted Items area, I did
not
>have the empty the deleted files switch on.......and for what it is
worth,
>Win95 tells me that I have gained 23MB since dumping the
messages.....so, a
>thousand typical reflector messages is about 5.75mb of hard drive
>space......in a year that would be roughly 100mb of "trashed"
mail.....so,
>I feel relieved that the theory my father and I have about how much
crud
>there is on these things is true......about 100MB a year true!
>
>Just a thought.
>
>73,
>
>Jim, K4OJ
  Jim here is a way to save a lot of Hard drive space. Get a web based
email account like hotmail Yahoo mail etc, then you don't download
anything to your harddrive. It all srtays on thier sever. If you see a
message you want to keep forward it to your personal email account. That
wayall the junk you don't care about never gets on your drive.
  Another benifit is that you see all the mesage headers before you read
the messages and you can delete them first then read read the ones that
sound interesting.
 This is w