[TowerTalk] Comparisons

CQK8DO@aol.com CQK8DO@aol.com
Thu, 28 May 1998 10:24:50 EDT

I have commented on this before... Manyfacturers and their marketing managers
undestand this phenomenon and capitalize on it...
Here we have a half wave height difference, in favor of the new antenna, which
is very defintely apples and oranges... I suggest that he place the old
antenna at the height of the new one, give it a good overhaul with fresh
penetrox, etc., put fresh coax and connectors on it... Then put the new
antenna on the lower tower and use the old, tired coax and connectors and
compare... And I have a ten spot that says that the old antenna will now
outplay the new one....

Denny