[TowerTalk] Cold galv. paint mixing question

RICHARD L OWENS k9ofg@juno.com
Sun, 31 May 1998 09:13:37 -0500

Beware that not all paint stores will mix heavy (zinc based) paints.
Sherwin Williams would not shake my 5 Gal can of Tower Guard paint.  It
seeems their equipment allows the weight of the zinc to explode when
being shaken.  They even called to some central intelligence center to
find out whether they should.  I stirred by hand for about 20 minutes,
and by that time, it was obvious the zinc was mixing a little.  I used a
3/8" drill and a coat hanger with great success.  A stretched out coat
hanger will reach the bottom of a 5 gallon can.

73, and GL
Richard, K9OFG

On Sun, 31 May 1998 09:42:16 EDT K7LXC@aol.com writes:

><< Any suggestions as to how to get the paint properly mixed so that
>the
> ingredients stay in suspension long enough to be applied to the work
> would be very much appreciated. >>
>
>       Can you take it to a local hardware store or paint store and
>have them
>put it on their shaker for 5 or 10 minutes or so? That ought to do it.
>
>      Also check with the place where you bought it for advice.
>
>Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC
>

>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]