[TowerTalk] Daiwa MR-750E rotator

Darrell Earnshaw darrell.earnshaw@sap-ag.de (Darrell Earnshaw)
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 19:07:08 +0100 (MET)

Hi Ron,

I have a suggestion: take it and raise the level of the local lake with
it!

I had one of these rotators (with 3 motors) a few years back - it was
bloody useless! The potentiometer in the rotator head kept going bad - I
replaced it several times. (In fact, it was so bad that I had a bag full
of spares pots.) Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but after that I
swore I'd never touch another Diawa product again. I replaced it with a
Create rotator which has been a great product.

-- Darrell
NR3Y/W6.

----------
From:     "Ron Marra" <aa5dx@ntws.net>[SMTP:"Ron Marra"
<aa5dx@ntws.net>]
Sent:     Thursday, November 05, 1998 7:26 AM
To:     Darrell Earnshaw
Subject:     [TowerTalk] Daiwa MR-750E rotator

<<File: Attachment_ ATTACH02.HTM>>
I have recently aquired a Daiwa MR-750E rotator.  It is unique in that
it uses up to 4 drive motors which can be mounted on the rotator head.
(Mine came with 5)  I will only be turning a Cushcraft X9 with a Mosley
2el 40 mounted above the X9.  Any comments pro or con regarding this
rotator would be appreciated.  Any comments as to whether the drive
motors can still be purchased somewhere would also be helpful.