[TowerTalk] Delayed postings on Towertalk

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Sat, 07 Nov 1998 11:33:05 +0000

I thought a brief explanation might be helpful to those who have sent
things to Towertalk but not seen them posted right away.

Mainly as an anti-spam measure, the reflector is set up so that only
messages sent by members, from the address in the membership list, are
automatically reflected to everyone.  Any others (including things you post
from someone else's e-mail account or a second account at work, etc.)
bounce to me.  I absorb the spam and approve the legitimate messages just
as soon as I get to them.  I don't mind performing this function, and I try
to do it quickly, but there will be times when hours may pass before I do
so (this weekend, for example, is Sweepstakes).  So be patient if you know
you're posting from a non-member address...

Thanks, all!

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

"That's WEST Virginia.  Thanks and 73"