[TowerTalk] aiming a rotor: true vs. magnetic

Dan Arney kn6di@groupone.net
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:38:06 -0800

Gene, You are correct a lot of people go thru life trying to get the fly
S--- out of the black pepper. All you have to do is look at the plot of
the beam ,even a long monobander to see how wide the pattern is out
where you are trying to reach and it is say up to 30 degrees each side
of your target. Now if you were trying to land in the guys backyard in
Russia from Timbucktu you might need to have a ballistic computer.
Even the guy in Nevada with that fixed 1/4 mile long array pointed over
to Europe for 20M that was on the cover of QST has a lobe wide enough to
cover most of Europe. Have some more fly S--- I will loan you a 30X
glass so you can find it easier.
I thought this subject was TABOO on this reflector, as it was beaten to
death several months ago. If I remember Steve said NO MORE T--- N----.
Hank