[TowerTalk] W2AU balun and KLM KT-34xa

Mike Lamb n7ml@imt.net
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:26:49 +0000

--------------C8E3BCCF0EAC2ECA447294B2

Hello Dave:

I have 9 each of the the Force-12 B-1 baluns available that are in
excellent condition (at least physically).  I will sell the total number
of them for $150 because I don't want to spend tons of time shipping
them separately.

73/Mike, N7ML

Dave Goodwin VE2ZP/VE9CB wrote:

>  I'm planning to replace the suspect balun on my KT-34xa, and I chose
> the W2AU 4:1 balun for the job.  On receiving an examing the device,
> I'm wondering if I made an error. There are two drain holes at the
> bottom on the balun, to allow water to escape when the balun is
> intalled hanging from its mounting hook.  I would prefer to snap the
> balun into the socket on the KT-34xa, but that would involve laying
> the balun on its side.  Water could get into the balun and not escape
> if it is installed that way. What have you folks done in a similar
> circumstance? Did you: - plug the drain holes?and/or- drill new drain
> holes?  If so, where?- suspend the balun as it was evidently designed
> to be suspended?- send the ruddy thing back and get something
> else? 73, Dave VE2ZP@newforce.ca

--------------C8E3BCCF0EAC2ECA447294B2

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
Hello Dave:
<P>I have 9 each of the the Force-12 B-1 baluns available that are in excellent
condition (at least physically).&nbsp; I will sell the total number of
them for $150 because I don't want to spend tons of time shipping them
separately.
<P>73/Mike, N7ML
<P>Dave Goodwin VE2ZP/VE9CB wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;<FONT SIZE=-1>I'm planning to replace the suspect
balun on my KT-34xa, and I chose the W2AU 4:1 balun for the job.&nbsp;
On receiving an examing the device, I'm wondering if I made an error.</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT SIZE=-1>There
are two drain holes at the bottom on the balun, to allow water to escape
when the balun is intalled hanging from its mounting hook.&nbsp; I would
prefer to snap the balun into the socket on the KT-34xa, but that would
involve laying the balun on its side.&nbsp; Water could get into the balun
and not escape if it is installed that way.</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT SIZE=-1>What
have you folks done in a similar circumstance?</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT SIZE=-1>Did
you:</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT SIZE=-1>- plug the drain holes?</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>and/or</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>-
drill new drain holes?&nbsp; If so, where?</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>- suspend
the balun as it was evidently designed to be suspended?</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>-
send the ruddy thing back and get something else?</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT SIZE=-1>73,
Dave <A HREF="mailto:VE2ZP@newforce.ca">VE2ZP@newforce.ca</A></FONT>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>

</BODY>
</HTML>

--------------C8E3BCCF0EAC2ECA447294B2--