[TowerTalk] Anchor Shackles

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 10:13:16 EST

In a message dated 98-11-13 02:02:46 EST, virago@ptd.net writes:

> Im just about ready to start putting up my tower but the guy hardware I
>  have seems to lack one item....anchor shackles....Im using a 25G guy
>  anchor assembly with guy grips for "4000" Phillystran...the thimbles are
>  heavy duty and I was under the impression I could bend the thimble
>  around the hook on the guy assembly but I dont think so !!!!!....I guess
>  I need anchor shackles now...Is this the way it is normally done ?
       Yep. Shackles, or clevises, are used as an intermediate that attaches
two terminations or loops. As long as the shackle has the correct strength for
the application, use them whenever and wherever you want. 

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC

FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
Submissions:              towertalk@contesting.com
Administrative requests:  towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-towertalk@contesting.com
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm