[TowerTalk] Maintainence on crank-up tower

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 12:13:45 EST

In a message dated 98-11-13 11:13:12 EST, n2tx@i-2000.com writes:

<< I have a Tri-ex LM470D. My tower was re-cabled about a year ago. The
 tower house's a pair of C3S's and 2E40X by Force 12. The tower was
 recabled with Stainless Steel cables. These were provided directly from
 the Manufacturer. I'm not to sure if other tower manufactures offer such
 a thing.

 My understanding is that the SS type cables aren't as strong in
 comparison to galvanized types. The one thing I'm sure of is that these
 cables will not fail like the Galvanized type. Just something you might
 want to look into before going through the task of re-doing your tower.  >>

        Without knowing more specifically about each of the aforementioned
cables, it's hard to generalize. SS cable can be just as strong as galvanized
but there ARE many different flavors and grades of cable.

        IMO if you got the parts/materials from the manufacturer, I'd go with
whatever they provide. Second guessing a manufacturer is not recommended.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC