[TowerTalk] R-7000+ Vertical -- antenna damage

T A RUSSELL n4kg@juno.com
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 11:33:23 -0600

On Fri, 13 Nov 1998 11:03:45 EST K7LXC@aol.com writes:

>In a message dated 98-11-13 10:28:35 EST, rlust@madison.tds.net
>writes:
>
>> Lost enough parts from several antennas in recent 55++ MPH
>>  winds here in south central Wisconsin to render my tower
>>  mounted wires & metal antennas questionable, at best, for winter
>>  season - and no time in current cold weather to repair them until
>>  spring, I fear -- (Strongest winds ever recorded in our area!)
>
>     Did you file a claim with your homeowner's insurance company? The
>damage
>and all the other implications of it are covered. You have 30 days to
>open a
>claim. More info on request.
>
>Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC

Re:    Filing   INSURANCE   CLAIM

NOT    A    GOOD    IDEA  !

>From the above description, this is a pretty small claim.

In ALABAMA,   STATE   FARM   has been known to cancel or
NOT  RENEW homeowners policies if there are TOO  MANY  claims,
even if there is  no question that the claims are legitimate.

I have gone to $1000 deductable and take of the small stuff myself.

de  Tom  N4KG

were legitimate.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]