[TowerTalk] House Bracketed ROHN 45G Question

Michael Tope W4EF@pacbell.net
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 15:27:03 -0000

Mark,

The wind load capacity of the tower should be similar to 34' of
freestanding Rohn 45G. According to the
Rohn catalog, 100' of Rohn 45 bracketed at 33' and 66' provides a 70 MPH
wind load capacity of 5.5 sq ft -
enough for a small 3 element tribander with no safety factor. At 80 MPH
they derate this to 2.0 sq ft.
My guess is that this is roughly equivalent to your installation since both
cases call for 34' of tower
above the top bracket location. Can you guy the tower?

73 de Mike, W4EF.........