[TowerTalk] outside torches

Scott Bullock sales@advantagecomm.net
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 05:56:40 +0000

Guys, I thought I would take a quick minute for a testimonial for whoever
was looking for a torch to use outside...I had a problem with my fairly new
torch that I bought in October, and sent an email to Fred at
<http://wwww.solder-it.com> to ask him what to do, he promptly replied and
solved the problem instantly! I had been using this to solder connectors in
the field, and have literally soldered hundreds of connectors since I got
it. He's definitely got more business from me and I hope other
Towertalkians will follow suit, he's a class act! What follows below is the
email from me and his response.
Scott
KA1CLX
Scott-

Sorry that you are having a problem with your torch.  Try gently cleaning the
little piezo wire with air or a cloth.  In some cases, I have found that just
blowing on it will fix the problem.  It is also possible that that little wire
got bent somehow... so if cleaning doesnt work, try bending it just
slightly so it appears to be in the best path of the gas stream.

If none of the above works, return it with a note, or a copy of this e-mail
and we will replace it within 24 hours.  Be sure to include your shipping
address and telephone number.

Thanks for your purchase at Boxboro.  Glad to hear you like our products.

You never have to be concerned that we will not stand behind every product
that we sell.

Regards,  73

-Fred
Scott Bullock wrote:

> Hi Fred, I bought a bt-100 torch kit from you at the boxboro convention and
> have been very happy with it so far, however it has been having a problem
> of late igniting. Sometimes it takes 5-10 clicks to ignite the flame on it.
> It  used to start on the first click every time when I got it. Does the >
peizo ignitor wear out like this?