[TowerTalk] Change in plans. More questions

Fred Hopengarten k1vr@juno.com
Sun, 04 Oct 1998 19:23:16 EDT

From:
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

On Sun, 04 Oct 1998 04:31:39 GMT "Rick Bullon" <kc5ajx@hotmail.com>
writes:
> I think I read on here somewhere that the cost
> of using Phillystran is about the same as using the EHS &
>insulators to break up the guys Right?

K1VR:  If using all new materials, yes. Especially if you value your
time.

>  I noticed something strange while studying the Rohn book the other
>night. I was looking at the difference between Rohn 25 @ 70ft and 100
>ft, I mistakenly open to the Rohn 45 section instead of the Rohn 25
>section I noted the the allowable area for round and flat member is
>higher for Rohn 25 than for Rohn 45 at the same height. Is this a
>misprint?

K1VR:  NO.  The Rohn 45 spec includes some feedlines and a whip on top,
which must be subtracted back out, raising the Rohn 45 spec by 8 square
feet, as I recall.

> Another thing with the current thread on rebar cages I noticed that
>the Rohn book doesn't call for one.

K1VR:  Look at the foundations diagrams. They just don't use the word
"cage." But it is still a cage.

Get secure free e-mail that you don't need Web access to use
from Juno, the world's second largest online service.
Download your free software at http://www.juno.com/getit.b.html.