[TowerTalk] W8JK / HB9CV / ZL special ?

Morrison Hoyle vk3bcy@dcsi.net.au
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 11:26:14 +1000

I am looking for some practical design and construction information
to build a compact 2 element horizontally polarised antenna for 20
metres.  Looking at various books I have, I don't see adequate
information for my purposes.  For example, ON4UN's wonderful Low Band
DXing book just gives an outline using folded dipole contruction
using 300 ohm material which is hardly a durable method.

I have a bundle of aluminium from a 9 element log periodic antenna
that was destroyed by wind (its predecessor, 8 elements went the same
way) also insulated element to boom mounts.  I have the ARRL antenna
handbook software, YO, NEC for Windows and WA6RAI's Quick Yagi.

If anyone can provide some guidance, I would very much appreciate it.

Morrison VK3BCY

      .
  ,--_|\    Morrison Hoyle    - vk3bcy@dcsi.net.au
 /  Oz  \                     - Phone +61 (0)3 56891205
 \_,--\_/                     - PO Box 248, FOSTER, Vic 3960 Australia