[TowerTalk] 160 meter antenna tuner info needed

Wally Klinger wklinn@hotmail.com
Sun, 04 Oct 1998 19:58:27 PDT

good evening,

i am interested in building a link coupled antenna tuner for 160 meters.
I have a couple of questions.......

1. using the arrl handbook design; what kind of coil size/inductance am
i looking for? the 80 meter johnson coil i have is 15 turns on each side
2 3/4 inch diameter, almost 3/4 inch spacing between the two coils. Is
there anything commercially available that i might want to look for?

2. What about the link coil? the one I have (bought a home brew job at a
fest a few weeks ago) is 3 turns, same diameter, sits ensconced beetween
the two coils. Is this big enough?? need a bigger link???

3. The capacitor.... What kind of pf value am i looking for???? will a
250 pf do it?????

I'd kinda like to tap the coil for 80 and 40 meters and switch with a
rotary switch if possible......

I appreciate your input on this..... Working on getting ladder fed 160
meter dipole up at 70 feet, and need to feed it.

73
Wally W9BEA
Wklinn@hotmail.com