[TowerTalk] 402CD - XM240 questions

T93m@aol.com T93m@aol.com
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 23:22:06 EDT

Hi Brian...
So far I believe no one burned  loading coils on 40-2cd .
I wonder,  have you ever opened any other balun to compare the size of wire or
coaxial cable inside of it? If you did tell us a difference.
As  you describe the "el chipo "design of  1:1 BALUN  I think that  you are
trying to mislead other hams making them to believe that Cushcraft sent you a
bad product and something what cannot meet spec.
 FYI  number of turns is 6(six) , not 3 and coaxial cable is not smaller than
RG58.
Cable used in it is RG303 with teflon insulation and can take more power than
you could produce with commercial Amps.
Design of that BALUN is described in book "Building and using Baluns and
Ununs" by Jerry  Sevick  ,W2FMI   and also published in 1978  by Joe Reisert
W1JR.

 73 , Danny Horvat  T93M/W1