[TowerTalk] Winches and Masts

Bill Hider n3rr@erols.com
Thu, 08 Oct 1998 18:29:09 -0400

The size of the 118,000 psi yield strength chromolly mast I posted is: 2
inch O.D. x 3/16 inch tk wall.  I use an 18 foot length for my mast.  It
weighs about 80 - 90 pounds (I don't know exactly, but I was able to
lift it myself and walk around with it.) It sits in the tower and is
supported by two thrust bearings 30 inches apart.  It's free-wheeling,
turned by a RingRotor at the top of my tower.

It's all described with photographs on my website, as many of you know,
at: http://www.erols.com/n3rr

Bill, N3RR