[TowerTalk] [Fwd: Failed mail]

Bill Hider, N3RR n3rr@erols.com
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 00:08:08 +0100

Many mobile radio shops have an instrument that will tell you if the
tinted glass is conductive and whether it will effect an on-the-glass
installation.

As far as vehicle height, THAT's AN ADVANTAGE of the SUV, having your
VHF/UHF antenna high in the clear!!

BTW, just now I double-checked my Ford Expedition, the rear door has a
trunk-lid/lip location to mount a standard trunk-lip mount.  It looks just
like a trunk lid as far as the mount is concerned.  Even though, when
closed, the door is almost vertical (unlike a trunk which is horizontal),
the lip on the top of the door is nearly horizontal like a trunk lid/lip,
when the door is closed.  Hard to describe here, but believe me, a
standard trunk lip mount will work fine on the Expedition.  There's just a
'lil slope on it, like a trunk, and a 'lil bend of the antenna, no more
than you'd do on a trunk, will get it perpendicular with the ground.

Bill, N3RR