[TowerTalk] Re: Munimula masts, a serious question

Kenneth D. Grimm grimm@lynchburg.net
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 19:20:11 -0400

w8ji.tom wrote some highly inflammatory stuff and then said:

> Logic please. Quell thy wicked lashing tongues and give me some facts.
>
> 73 Tom

Yes, that would be refreshing...on both sides of the Leets v. Munimula
controversy!

Drake Dimitry's assertions about Munimula masts lack the "precision"
that is demanded by the Leets worshipers who insist on a literal
interpretation of their revered scripture, the Rohn Tower Book.  So we
could naturally expect the Leets worshipers to say, "No, no my son..."
However, his welcome to the TowerTalk forum was a little more brisk than
that.  In fact, in the NFL, the Leets guys would be penalized 15 yards
for unnecessary roughness and piling on.

Further complicating matters is the sad fact that there is now a certain
amount of may-saying and heretical cant suggesting that the Rohn
engineers were "overly cautious" when they were compiling The Book.

So how about facts?  Is anyone out there positive and able to prove
their claims?  Or is this all a matter of metallurgical faith?

A little less heat and a little more light would be most welcome,
please.

Ken K4XL
grimm@lynchburg.net
BoatAnchor Manual Archive - ftp://bama.sbc.edu