[TowerTalk] Response to R for math

Bob Perring perring@texas.net
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:37:28 -0500

David Jordan,
David C,
Whomever,

Please don't presume that I have a feeling on the exchanges between the
two of you, one way, or the other.
I'm not even sure that I understand what is going on here, but I am
hoping that your future, and rather personal, messages to each other
might be contained/confined between the two of you.

I am sincerely hoping that the recent "reflector broadcasts" of
exchanges between the two of you were posted to the reflector for
others to read quite by accident.

Usually, when I see two people in an inflammatory start of an argument,
I try to move away.
With the exchanges being carbon copied to the reflector, I bring them
up on my screen quite by accident, and the vexations start within
myself, even though I might have no desire to be made a party to the
troubles.

Now, just so as to probably cause myself more trouble than I have, most
likely, already done by my sending this message to the both of you,
I guardedly comment, as follows:

I am wondering, and hoping, if the two of you just didn't initially
mis-communicate a little bit, jump too fast, and now wish the exchange
had not started.
If that might be the case, wouldn't it be better if you just apologize
to each other as quickly as possible, and seek a more peaceful
remainder for the day?

It is always well to remember that written text has only finite
abilities to properly communicate.
Between the writer's possibility for a sending error, and the reader's
potential for a receiving error, we sometimes entangle ourselves into
troubled webs.

Perhaps, I have done that very thing to myself with this message.
73,
N5RP