[TowerTalk] Rohn25-Wooden Pole Mounts

Bob Perring perring@texas.net
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:39:32 -0500

At 14:39 10/13/98 , you wrote:
>Anybody have experience/suggestions for securely attaching Rohn 25 top
>sections to wooden power pole tops?   Our 15 or so 65 ft wooden poles
have
>tops that are just an interference fit to the inside of a Rohn 25
section,
>and I am contemplating mounting the Rohn 25 tops to allow easy Rotator
>Mounts.....
===============================>
Back in the late 60's we used great big lag bolts to screw into the
poles and affix the tower top section to the pole.
Used a drill first, then turned a big lag bolt into the holes.
If the poles JUST fit into the top sections that is exactly the way you
want them.
Use a level to make sure you are straight before you commit to the hole
drilling spots.

I vividly remember that I burned and itched for weeks from the creosote
sawdust eating away at my neck and back after that job was done  !!
73,
N5RP