[TowerTalk] Tramming/Tiller Summary

Steve Zettel zettel@homer.libby.org
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 08:52:44 -0600 (MDT)

Bob,

I recently used the "tiller trailing the antenna" method to tram an
strengthened 40-2CD to the top of a 90' tower. Although either method
would work, I found this way allowed me to better control the unwieldy
antenna at the top of the tower and eliminated what might have been an
awkward bit of rerigging at arms-length if I had used the tiller ahead of
the antenna (I do all of my tower/antenna work by myself). For large/heavy
antennas, the ability to tram right up to and over the flat-top of the
tower in one move means more positive control, and less to go wrong.

As always, though, your milage may vary. . .

Hope this helps,

Steve Zettel  KJ7CH
near Libby, MT USA