[TowerTalk] [Fwd: BIG Dish Available]

Stan Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 01:52:13 -0700

--------------BA4E27ADDBDC1168C579652D

--
66'9k'?:'<@'7:'h;'jj'7:'8m'=;':h'j@'@7'?i'=9'm<'jh

--------------BA4E27ADDBDC1168C579652D

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 22:14:34 -0700
From: Stan Griffiths <w7ni@teleport.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: BIG Dish Available

You may recall that I listed a big available for sale here several weeks
ago.  I got a bunch of inquiries about it, but they all faded out so I
am telling you it is still available.

The owner and man to contact about it for pricing, etc, is Lynn Hurd
<lhurd@pacifier.com>

Here are a few points of interest:

1.  The dish is 50 feet in diameter and rather deep, they tell me.
2.  Construction is mostly aluminum except the asmuth-elevation
mechanism which is steel.
3.  It was originally a commercially made C band uplink prototype that
was never completed.
4.  There is expanded aluminum mesh for the center 30 feet of surface.
5.  There is a hydraulic lift which is driveable and steerable (and
needs the hydraulic pump fixed) which can be part of the deal.  This is
ideal for getting to the feed point when changing bands.
6.  There is some, like 100 feet or so, 2 inch 50 ohm Andrew Heliax with
connectors that can be part of the deal.
7.  There is a LOT of  stainless steel bolts, nuts, and washers.
Hundreds of them.
8.  My wife has evicted this from our backyard after 5 years of no
progress on it.  It was just too big of a project for Lynn, I think.

I thought it was pretty nice of her to let it sit here for 10 years as
it was.  Somebody, other than us, needs this thing in their backyard . .
.

Oh, yes.  You can have the 8.5 cubic yards of concrete too, if you can
figure out how to get it out of the ground . . .

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com

--------------BA4E27ADDBDC1168C579652D--