[TowerTalk] The Towertalk reflector

jccrtv@jccrtv.com jccrtv@jccrtv.com
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:09:41 -0400

I couldn't agree more about the flaming. People behave behind a computer the
same way they behave on the road in their car...a lot more rudely than
they'd dare to be face to face. This is such a great forum for information
and helping the other guy, I have received great advice here. I propose not
destroying someone because their math is off. I used to have a friend with
zero people skills who derived all of his self worth from being right no
matter what it did to everyone else. If he was around and you said "there's
only 24 hours in a day", he'd pipe in with "23 hours, 56 minutes, 4.1
seconds you moron." Right. He never got a date either. Come on, this is a
killer forum about helping each other, and it can be pretty funny too. A
great group. So to put it in a language us towertalkians can understand:
Stop treating the other guy like a ground rod, taking him out of the ground
and filling it with water, then continuing to sink him in until you cadweld
his head to the wire, just cause you don't like what he says. (Remember to
apply generous Nolox after the weld for proper weatherproofing).

Jim Mulvey
KS1A/2