[TowerTalk] Who is Kurt N. Sterba?

Roger Roger
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 12:50:48 -0500

I do not think that Mr. Onnigian is Kurt N. Sterba.  If I recall, he was
the President (or associated with) of the antenna company, "Ham-Pro
Antennas" in Sacramento, CA.  I still have some literature from Ham-Pro
that shows a "Phillip Onnigian KC6UPL" as the Sales Manager.  This was in
January 1991.

In this literature, a 20 meter beam (Model H20-4) is rated at "measured
gain of 9.23 dB over a dipole".  This 4 element beam had a boom length of
33.58 feet.  Since this gain is approximately 1.5 dB higher than the
theoretical gain for this boomlength and frequency, I would have my doubts
that Kurt N. Sterba would have anything to do with this company.

Roger Cox WB0DGF