[TowerTalk] xm240 install

Scott Bullock sales@advantagecomm.net
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 18:29:02 +0100

Hi all! Spent today getting the new 2 el 40 up on the tower,everything went
well, crane in and out in about 5 hours, removed the a3ws/30m kit, and
installed the new 40. Preliminary indications show it being 10-15 db better
than a butternut hf2v with elevated radials.

Now the bad news....11' separation over a th7, and the th7 swr curve is now
shot all to hell. It raised the resonant point 100 khz, and increased the
cw end swr to 1.9:1 from 1.4:1. So there seems to be major interaction.
Need to play on 15 tomorrow and see what it does towards Eu and Africa.
Maybe tonite on JA too.

So, I guess if the th7 doesn't seem to be performing, then I'll have to
rotate the booms 90 degrees and see what happens. For those guys that said
no interaction, wrong. I plotted the swr on the th7 on all bands every 50
khz this morning before we changed out the antennas too. Haven't replotted
the 20/10 swr yet, but will do that later.

73,
Scott
KA1CLX