[TowerTalk] Short stack

Bob Perring perring@texas.net
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 15:24:28 -0500

At 03:06 10/19/98 , Jim White, K4OJ wrote:
>I keep plugging in heights on my antenna modeling software and can't get
>over how good really low 10 meter yagis look....yeah I know...it is only
>10 meters so things are more "manageable"....it is just that putting an
>antenna at 20 some odd feet almost seems "unfair".
>
>Please lemme know your experiences on this....I am designing a stack of
>yagis and am looking at several options that guy wire avoidance
>allows....what heights have worked well for YOU?
Today on 10 meters, the antenna mounted at 40' was the blaster.
It was repeatedly a better dB antenna than the same thing at 75' mount
level.
I ran test after test today with Europeans, and every time, my 40'
antenna was a real killer.
I just could not believe how loud that low antenna was.
I am going to bury an antenna after the rain stops around here. I am
about to believe that lower is better !?!?!
N5RP