[TowerTalk] N6AW on 30m BIG GUN SIGNAL

n4gi@juno.com n4gi@juno.com
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 17:43:29 -0400

>>Rhombics can definitely work with metal supports.  They had a whole
>antenna
>>farm of rhombics at the old Voice of America site in Bethany Ohio,
>and all
>>of them were supported by metal towers.
>>

>>73 - Alan NS0B

Last time I was in Bethany, a local said that they were giving away all
of the smaller VOA towers to anyone who would haul 'em off.  (Big one's
were gone already)  This was a few months ago.  Don't know if it's true,
anybody hear this??  I drool everytime I drive by that old station.....

Blake M. Meinecke, N4GI
Oviedo FL

Univeristy of Central Florida Amateur Radio Club
    - n4gi@juno.com                   - bmeinecke@mindspring.com
     - n4gi@qsl.net                        - http://www.qsl.net/n4gi

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]