[TowerTalk] Re:Cushcraft (and Other Customer Srvc.)

DavisRFinc@aol.com DavisRFinc@aol.com
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:13:55 EDT

In a message dated 10/22/98 4:31:56 AM EST, tleaf@hotmail.com writes:

<< Well, 5pm EDT came and no phone call.  But much to my surprise, I did
 get a call later.  I said, "I thought you people go home at 5."  He
 replied, "Not always."
  73, Aloha
 Ted Leaf, K6HI
 Kona, Hawaii >>

Ted and TT'rs,   Sounds good to me.  Regarding customer service from any
company, the term is an overused cliche that many companies' employees don't
understand.  As a business operator, I and my staff feel that every inquiry we
recieve, whether for something we sell or not, has to be treated, first as we
would want to be treated.  Secondly, every caller is treated as if they were
either our last customer, our only customer, or our best customer.  We also
recognize, ahead of time, that many callers expect the worst, or are on the
defensive, based on bad experiences elsewhere.  By the time they get through
with us, the opposite feelings prevail.  On the other side: How to be a good
customer??  Don't presume that if you get that occasional recording, that the
business doesn't answer each every call it gets.  That's true with many places
but not so true with the small and medium size suppliers out there whose
profits don't allow staffing for  every call, but who stay late to take care
of messages.  If you don't leave the message, you may miss the best
service/deal there is.
Ain't easy running a business but many of us have the best intentions/results.
Cheers,  Steve Davis  K1PEK   DAVIS RF Co.