[TowerTalk] Re: KLM KT34A Refurbishing

rikik@inter.net.il rikik@inter.net.il
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 07:36:29 -0700

I have personally had a lot of heartache because of the copper paste
that KLM
supplies for use on aluminum.  It not only causes bad contacts, but it
generates corrosion that weakens the strength of the aluminum tubing.

SUGGESTION:  Use either "Penetrox" or "Noalox".  Both of these
products have
been time proven by hams and found to be most satisfactory for use on
aluminum
tubing.  There may be some other good products too, but with these 2
you can be
sure!!

73,
Riki, 4X4NJ