[TowerTalk] Open Wire Line

Eric Gustafson n7cl@mmsi.com
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 13:42:48 -0700

Mike,

We frequently use this crude but relatively effective method to
identify dielectric material that is potentially suitable for RF
work.  But we never use any water along with the sample.

Why are you including a cup of water?  And what is the "it" that
shouldn't warm up?  The cup of water or the plastic?  The water
will almost certainly get warm regardless of how good the plastic
is.

Is the water to use to determine the length of time?  For
example; "Water is warm so the time was long enough to heat the
plastic if it was going to heat"?

Just curious.

73, Eric  N7CL