[TowerTalk] CREATE ROTOR PROBLEM

n5tj n5tj@mci2000.com
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 14:59:56 -0600

Came home from a business trip and thought my antennas had slipped in my
RC5A3 rotor (not uncommon). Seemed the rotor was turning really "fast" from
about 90-180 degrees too, as shown by the indicator. Strange.

Went up today and lined things up to North. Came down and still noticed
that the rotor seemed to be going really fast. Turns out the indicator is
not rotating linearly. With everything supposedly NORTH, turning the
antennas through West to South results in 270 degrees of rotation! And
turning South through East I only really get 90 degrees of rotation.

Anyone else with a Create ever seen this? Fix? Ideas?

Not a major problem for SS CW, but gotta be fixed by WW CW!!

73

Jeff  N5TJ