[TowerTalk] RE:40-2CD

VE3KKM kmccourt@tbaytel.net
Tue, 01 Sep 1998 21:02:07 -0700

Hi Guy`s
Thank`s to all who have replied to my questions(19 in all & still
comming in).Really greatful for all the info. I have received.There were
a few questions raised and some info. I inadvertently left out.
The height of the 40m is 63` and 20m is at 72`(typo error).I have a free
standing tower with no guy wires.I had the 40m at 48` and the 3/20m
18`boom at 55` before raising both beams up.
I had to lenghten the 40m elements from the "mid" setting 2.500"(total
per element) when I first put it up at 48` and did not change the lenght
when it was raised up.I did notice the lowest swr freq. raise up about
45 khz.which I think should be normal.
There was a feed line problem earlier this summer(water),so all the coax
was replaced and at the same time 50 #73-2401 beads were installed on a
piece of rg303 coax.
Did not use the beam much this summer,but the past couple of weeks I
began to play, this is when I noticed the problem.

I will turn the 40m 90 degrees and see if things improve,if nothing
happens I`ll have to remove the beam and investigate the loading coils
also all connections.

tx and 73 Kevin