[TowerTalk] Tilting over HF6V ?

Jim Rhodes KC0XU rhodes@mail.willinet.net
Tue, 01 Sep 1998 22:40:57 -0500

Saw a write up of an RV mount for an all -band vertical that had a hinge a
ways below the antenna mount, then when he wanted to raise the antenna the
guy would insert a piece of smaller mast or pipe into the stub that the
antenna was mounted on and use it as a lever to raise the antenna. The
lower mast was then clamped in place to hold the antenna upright. (Easier
to visualize than to describe!)
Sounds like a good idea to me. Good luck.

At 01:10 PM 9/1/98 -0700, Jim Berry wrote:

>Hello Towertalk dudes,
>
>I have a job shack in my backyard that has an unused goose neck pipe
>sticking out of it.  I would like to use that unused pipe for a support for
>my Butternut HF6V vertical.  Brackets for attaching one pipe to another are
>quite common TV antenna accessories.  My problem is I do not want to climb
>up on the roof of this job shack to make adjustments to the antenna.  I
>would like to be able to tilt it over, but have been unable to locate such a
>device that will allow me to do it. Any ideas where I can find such a device
>if even manufactured?  You would think something like that would be
>available.
>
>73 Jim K7SLI
>

>--

Jim Rhodes KC0XU