[TowerTalk] EHS vs Phillystran

Kurt Andress ni6w@yagistress.minden.nv.us
Wed, 02 Sep 1998 08:53:24 -0700

Michael Lamb wrote:

> Kurt,  Being an obsolete EE and therefore coming at this from a point of ignorance, can we not look at Phillystran in series with EHS like two fuses in series.  The lighter fuse always blows first and it doesn't matter how much bigger the other fuse is, it won't break?????
>
> 73/Mike, N7ML

Hi Mike,I have to do the same thing in reverse, when thinking about circuits.
Your simile is correct. The cable with the lowest strength will go first. In this application we hope we never blow these fuses.

73, Kurt

--
YagiStress - The Ultimate Software for Yagi Mechanical Design
Visit http://www.freeyellow.com/members3/yagistress