[TowerTalk] boom-to-mast slippage

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj@ij.net
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 07:11:39 -0400

is your mounting point at the center of "moment"....the fact that they
wanna keep breaking lose tells me mebbe you should re-investigate your
mounting location.

pinning is always an option, bear in mind that you will lose strength in
the pined through tube, however...

I like pinning as it is "final", and use it a lot...I usually utilize
"plastic lumber" (re-cycled 2 litre soda bottles) to fill the center of the
pinned through tube.  Still use ubolts or whatever, but add the pinning
bolt to make sure it cannot move.

Again, the fact that it is so prone to loosening up tells me you should
investigate balancing the forces at that point.

73,

Jim, K4OJ
k4oj@ij.net

Only 2 months until Sweepstakes CW, make sure you work me so you will not
miss the elusive South Floirda multiplier!

Proud member of the Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:
http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:
http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm