[TowerTalk] Rohn HDBX-48

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 02:51:40 EDT

In a message dated 98-09-04 21:08:18 EDT, Mikey@a-o.com writes:

> I have a Rohn HDBX-48 tower.  I have purchased a KLM KT-34XA yagi.  I am
>  worried that this antenna may cause too much torque stress on the tower.
>  I do have another tower, a Rohn 25G at 60 feet which is guyed.  It
>  already has another antenna on it, but I can swap them over if I have
>  to, but I would rather have the KLM on the HDBX tower as long as it will
>  not cause any problems.  Any suggestions appreciated.

     The 25G is rated for an antenna like this. The HDBX is not. The BX
factory spec calls for a maximum 10 foot boom. The BX has very little torque
resistance or absorption ability. The top plate and rotator plate will crack
and break over time due to the wind induced tower twisting.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC
www.championradio.com