[TowerTalk] Running Cables Into Shack

Dave Hough dlhough@vegas.infi.net
Tue, 08 Sep 1998 06:35:16 -0700

MBecker@aol.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to figure out the neatest way to bring my antenna cables into my
> shack.  They will be running across the inside of my attic and I would like to
> drop them into the shack through an opening in the ceiling.  I live in a one
> story ranch and I can get directly above the shack easily.  I don't think the
> XYL would appreciate a plain hole drilled in the ceiling so I need a way to
> neatly do the job. Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike, KT3U

	Is it possible to drill a hole through the header in the attic and
bring the cable down between the studs and exit it through the wall just
above the baseboard. You could use a plastic junction box and cover it
with a switch plate or a CATV plate. If you ever sell the house, merely
install a solid plate. We plan to bring 220 into the shack for the
linear using this method and have used it to bring the C Band satellite
TV cables into the living room.

73
Dave, KC7DM
Las Vegas