[TowerTalk] Re: [DXR] Kenwood TS-950SDX F.S.

Jim Reid jreid@aloha.net
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 20:17:20 -1000

-----Original Message-----
From: Leith Jennings <leith@inhb.co.nz>
To: Jim Reid <jreid@aloha.net>; Dx-News <dx-news@jerseycape.net>;
dx-list@makelist.com <dx-list@makelist.com>; CW Reflector <cw@qth.net>;
cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>; TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tuesday, September 08, 1998 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: [DXR] Kenwood TS-950SDX F.S.

>Geez Jim.... You've already sold your FT1000D and now you're extolling
>the virtues of your TS950SDX. I'm a bit worried that you might be taking
>up aerobics or stamp collecting. Hope you're still going to be around to
>work me from Campbell next year!

>Lee

Hi Lee,  Well,  most of the problem is that my old vision has become so
poor,  that the black buttons and knobs on the Yaesu and Kenwood rigs
are too difficult for me to see--and,  I am not quite ready to  give up to
the audio frequency announcers,  at least not yet,  hi!  The Ten Tecs have
a nice bright background for the knobs and controls.  Well, the Corsiar II
I have has some stuff up at the top that I use a flashlight to  read,  hi!!
Have found that,  for me,  the flashlight doesn't do that much for me
with the other rigs,  silly right!

Hope to see you on Campbell with a new Ten Tec!

73,  Jim,  KH7M