[TowerTalk] Stacking questions

Robert L. Shohet kq2m@eci.com
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 11:18:24 -0700

Let's say that I am going to stack 3 4L 15 meter antennas on the same
band that are gamma matched with roughly the same pattern, resonant
freq. and vswr. But due to the heights of the antennas and the guy wires
I need to do the following:

4L long-boom design res. 21.225  27 ft boom @ 90'
4L                  res. 21.225  20 ft boom @ 60'
4L long-boom        res. 21.225  27 ft boom @ 30'

Is this idea ok?  Or is it better to use 27' boom at 60' even though
when rotated it will be within 18" of the guy wires at certain beam
headings?
I plan to use 1/4" EHS rather than Phillystran.

Question #2

What is the minimum height (based on personal experience not
manufacturers suggestions!) that you would recommend spacing a 2L
Cushcraft 40-2CD above or below a 4L long-boom Cushcraft 4L20?

My gut tells me that I want about 8-10' spacing but I am not sure.  Any
ideas on this?

Tnx!

Bob KQ2M