[TowerTalk] RE: "Identical" antennas follow up.

D. Rodman, MD rodman@acsu.buffalo.edu
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 13:01:58 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for all the nice helpful responses.  Several points were made.

First, I DID NOT measure the DE length from the hairpin attachment.  This
might explain the lengthening required.  Thank you.

Secondly, I DID attempt to lengthen the hairpins, but the VSWR then began
to rise as I passed the portion of the best match.

Third, the coaxial cables are different batches of flexible hardline, but
were tuned with a noise bridge.  I feel confident they are electrically
similar.

Fourth, the boom elevation recommendations I received were numerous.
Unfortunately, my guy setup makes it difficult to point the antenna
upward.  So, I just raise it 20 ft up and down vertically.  It is the best
I can do, since I am working alone.

I am going to go outside now and get back to work on it.  It would be nice
to have one them back up today.  73, Dave.