[TowerTalk] X7 power handling-+ Cushcraft in general

Ragnar Otterstad otterstad@inet.uni2.dk
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 13:52:17 +0200

: The CushCraft literature on the X7 and X9 say that it handles 2000 watts
but
: doesn't say whether that's PEP or continuous.  I do a lot of RTTY.  I
sent
: an email to them several weeks ago but no response.
:
: Anyone know how these antennas are rated?
:
I got  " burned " litteraly using a  R-7  running 1 KW on CW & RTTY. The
coils failed but were replaced free of charge by Cuscraft, with a note
saying that they meant  PEP and not key-down !
Unless you find specific reference to CW or RTTY power rating from them, it
is safe to assume it is PEP !

Good luck !

73  Rag  OZ8RO