[TowerTalk] anchor shackles

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj@ij.net
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 07:07:15 -0400

Bill writes:

The screw-in anchors I have are an over-kill, compared to the ones sold for
the Rohn 25, and have a forged eye desigbed to rtake three cables. (at
least that's how they look. They are 60 inches long, and have a 6 inch
auger.) My problem is that the eyes of the turnbuckles wont fit

Seeing as I am old and bending down low is kinda tough, we use the
following technique for the same type of anchor......sounds like you have a
standard AB Chance utility company special......

We put a guy grip and a short length (3 or so feet) of EHS off of the
knuckle/fist of the screw anchor....another guy grip with a shackle at the
upper end of this short run and then put the turnbuckle at this
location....or.....possibly an eq plate.......

End result is that you can now adjust the turnbuckles at normal working
height, no bending over......

73,

Jim, K4OJ
k4oj@ij.net

Less than 2 months until Sweepstakes CW, make sure you work me so you will
not miss the elusive South Floirda multiplier!

Proud member of the Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:
http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

The Florida Contest Group sponsors the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP
website@:
http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm