[TowerTalk] 160 ant problem

zeitler@ibm.net zeitler@ibm.net
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 20:05:22 -0700

Gentlemen,
I have a problem and seek advice. My city lot is quite small. Around 65 feet
wide by around 100 long. I would like to get back on 160 meters. I have no
tower and need to go rather incognito, ie stealthy, very stealthy. I have a
30 foot pine tree in the front yard and a 30 footer in the back. I was
contemplating on if I could put up a shortened version of the T antenna. The
T would only be 30 feet high. The horiz. portions of the T would be no
longer than 50 feet each side. I would want to use rather thin wire, around
18 gauge max, preferrably 20 gauge.

Alternatives?? Remember if must be semi-invisible, so the Uni-Hat and others
are totally out of the question. Sorry but moving is not an option!!

Lane
KM3G
San Diego