[TowerTalk] hy-gain 300 centered posistion

Don Moman ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 00:36:15 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Peter Larsen wrote:

> Jim White, K4OJ wrote:
>
> > I am curious as to why you want to turn through South......most North
> > American stations prefer having a dead spot NOT between EU and Japan!
>
> The only way to have a rotor set up for VE6 is to have it North
> stop.

Not for this VE6! None of my HF antennas have a North stop. There are a
great many unusual bits of over the pole propagation the come in at
various slightly skewed paths, and the ability to seek the best signal
from NNW thru NE is very important to me.

Of course, a "no stop" rotor system is the best solution of all - which is
what I have on the log periodic here.

73 Don

VE6JY  Don Moman               email: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Box 127 Lamont, Alberta        email forwarding: ve6jy@rac.ca