[TowerTalk] KT34XA Center Jumpers

Pat Barthelow aa6eg@cv.tmx.com
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 18:05:58 -0700 (PDT)

Dave Leeson mentions in his book a precautionary enhancement to the KT34
element center jumpers on the Lexan boom insulators.  He has apparently
had them break, from fatigue cycling caused by element movement, and
replaed the aluminum strip with a braid.  We have some real pretty silver
plated coax shield braid that I am contemplating using.  Any dissimilar
metals problems likely by joining the aluminum elements using silver
plated braid.  I will check, to see if the only braid contact would be
with the provided stainless steel machine screws....if so, how does silver
get along with stainless?  We would of course, use Noalox coatings in
assembly....

73, DX de Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ
"The Contest Station from the Government"

Marina Amateur Radio Contest Station; N6IJ
599 DX Drive
Marina CA 93933

aa6eg@tmx.com