[TowerTalk] building a TH-11DX

Michael Lamb n7ml@imt.net
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 12:30:31 -0600

----------
From: 	K7LXC@aol.com[SMTP:K7LXC@aol.com]
Sent: 	Friday, September 25, 1998 2:55 PM
To: 	JSheinb785@aol.com; gbay@odi.com
Cc: 	towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: 	Re: [TowerTalk] building a TH-11DX

Just a note that I have learned over the years that if you are going to coat something for uV protection, it is best to use black or some other very dark color.  It is the opposite of what I first thought would be good.  I used to think white would be the best because it would reflect the light and uV.  What you want is a surface that is opaque so that none of the uV can penetrate.  I would think that black liquid tape would be a good choice.

73/Mike, N7ML