[TowerTalk] Elevated Guys - 2nd Try

Don Nutt don@kcnet.com
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 18:18:43 -0600

Sorry I somehow forgot to put a subject to my message on the previous posting.
SRI about the wast of bandwidth.

I know that this has been on here before,  however I am getting ready to pour
the cement for my tower.  I am putting in a raised guy system for 100' of Rohn

25.  It will only have a KLM34XA at the top and a couple of wires for 40 and
80 hanging on it.  I will also put a 5 element 2 mtr beam at the 60' level for

packet cluster.  Nothing else will be hanging on this tower.

I have been given 4" square .25" wall pipe in 3 20' sections.  The PE that I
have been working with is on vacation (somewhere in the Europe I think) and
won't be back for 2 more weeks.  I plan on only 4' above ground.  I also got
3" .25" thick angle iron, 20' long. Reinforcment?

What do you all think?  Worth using? Fill with cement? My new light poles?

Previous articles have indicated that 5" - 8" round pipe.

Don Nutt
N6TDM/0  - The Peculiar Nutt  (Peculiar, Cass County,  MO)
don@kcnet.com
09/27/98 18:18:43 CST