[TowerTalk] Force 12 C-31XR

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:14:08 -0400

At 10:01 AM 9/28/98 EDT, K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 98-09-28 08:26:17 EDT, tgstewart@pepco.com writes:
>
>> Now I'm confused....why should you need feedline to make the SWR good?
>
>      That's a question for Tom to answer.

This was discussed in the QST review of the C-3, from which the C-31XR is
derived -- it requires the loss in 100ft of coax to widen the SWR curve
sufficiently to meet spec at the band edges.  More to the point is the
resonance discrepancy -- on my C-3, at least, the resonant frequency(SWR
roughly 1.2:1) remained unchanged with or without the feedline, so it seems
very odd that the driven element cell resonated so far below the band on 15.

73,  Pete Smith N4ZR
In wild, wonderful, only middlin' rare WEST Virginia