[TowerTalk] Tic-ring

John Brosnahan broz@csn.net
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 08:52:43 -0600 (MDT)

At 09:21 AM 9/29/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I must be doing something wrong...I replaced the pot in my 1032 tic ring
>less than 3 months ago and it's bad again..used the new Bourns pot from
>Tic-ring so it's not the old model....
>
>we haven't had any storm or any reason to think it was hit by lightning..
>
>I plan to put MOV's and .01 caps on all the leads plus ferrite beads...any
>other ideas..

Sam, I had similar problems and switched to the Bourns pot and had no
more problems,    BUT    I also bypassed the three leads to the pot to
ground on the terminal strip with 0.01s feeling that the rotator leads
could be picking up RF and burning up the contact since these leads
are right in the middle of the antenna.   Never any problems after that.

73 es gl

John  W0UN